Libertad para Gerry
The UDR was formed in 1970 and replaced the disgraced B Specials. UDR members were involved in the Miami showband massacre and have been linked to the Dublin and Monaghan bombings that killed thirty-three people. Intelligence documents show that more than two hundred British army rifles and sub machine guns were passed to loyalists.
Excerpts from a British Government document state:
“Downing Street knew that significant numbers of soldiers were linked to loyalist paramilitaries, but failed to act… there can be little doubt that subversion in the UDR has added significantly to the weapons and ammunition stocks…and military skills of Protestant extremist groups …a fair number of UDR soldiers have been discovered to hold positions in the UDA/UVF… there have been a number of reports of UDR soldiers giving weapons training to UDA, UVF and OV extremists …a number have been involved in overt terrorist acts”.
“Weapons have been stolen from UDR soldiers at home or on the way to work…it is likely that a number of these raids or hold-ups were carried out with the foreknowledge of the subject…in many cases ex-UDR weapons are the only automatic and semi-automatic weapons in their possession”.
“There is strong evidence that they have been in the hands of the most violent of the criminal sectarian groups in the Protestant community…this weapon has been used in at least 12 terrorist outrages…the weapon was also used in a kidnapping…drive-by shootings at groups of Catholic youths…circumstances may well arise in which all the weapons stolen from the UDR may well be used… they would form a most significant part of the armoury of the Protestant extremists”.
A Regiment of Snow Whites?
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : Damian Herron
- The Udr Loyalist Orange Murderers Badge/emblem (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- JUSTICE FOR GERRY McGEOUGH (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Border Protestants bring burden to Dublin (newsletter.co.uk)
- Just been reading a local Belfast news paper and the group photo taking by the LOYALIST UVF mob that attack the Irish National flag and the attempted murder of a local Republican is on the front page again, saying that no arrests have been made simply bec (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- UDR’s CEO Discusses Q3 2012 Results – Earnings Call Transcript (seekingalpha.com)
- UDR tops analysts’ view with FFO (bizjournals.com)
- Ulster Resistance – Unapologetic British Terrorism In Ireland (ansionnachfionn.com)