It has been brought to the attention of the ILDC that serious concerns surround the murder of Alan Ryan in Dublin earlier this year. There have been questions posed in relation to the state’s role in targeting, policing and investigating Alan Ryan in both his life and death.
These reports are strikingly similar to the circumstances of assassinations during the early 1990′s in Northern Ireland by loyalist paramilitaries against republican activists, with the alleged assistance of both the RUC and military Intelligence.
The ILDC have pledged to look into these allegations but insist that human rights abuses by the state must be investigated and to turn a blind eye to such murders undermines the entire essence of both Law and Democracy.
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : The Irish Law & Democracy Committee
- Man arrested in Alan Ryan murder investigation (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- RIP Vol Alan Ryan (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Alan Ryan i ndilcuimhne (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Accused heckled as he faces charge of withholding information over Alan Ryan murder (independent.ie)
- Second suspect heckled in court as he faces charge over Alan Ryan killing (independent.ie)
- I Survived an Assassination Hit on a Real IRA Leader (indybay.org)