Two prison officers are facing criminal charges while a third got a police caution, the Sunday World has learned. Last night the Prison Service confirmed two prison Officers had been suspended. None of the three cases are connected. One prison officer is facing charges in connection with an incident in Portrush where four police officers were allegedly assaulted. That officer, who’s based at Magilligan Prison, is due in court in the next few weeks. A second officer is facing serious sex offence charges and police enquires have been ongoing for sometime after two females made lengthy statements to the PSNI. And a third prison officer was quizzed by cops after he insulted two Polish inmates who had just arrived at the jail. Jail sources have told the Sunday World that the Prison Officer, who’s due to leave the service with a healthy redundancy package made some comments to two prisoners from Poland. ” These prisoners had just arrived at Maghaberry and were escorted by the police when this prison officer launched into a tirade about foreign nationals. A spokesperson for NIPS said: ” The Prison Service is aware of two staff members who are currently the subject of police investigations.
WITH MANY THANKS TO : SUNDAY WORLD
- Probe After Warder and Republican Inmate Hurt in Maghaberry Clash ! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Maghaberry to be split into three mini prisons (newsletter.co.uk)
- Ford turnabout on jail closure (bbc.co.uk)
- Two more men arrested over murder of prison officer David Black (independent.ie)
- Maghaberry Prison to be divided into three (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Magilligan Prison will remain open (newsletter.co.uk)