The NI Prison Service has been criticised for failing to investigate repeated bulling and threats against an alleged sex offender.
Samuel Carson, 19, hanged himself in his cell last year.
He took his own life in Hydebank Wood Young Offenders Centre in South Belfast. The same Prison where Marian Price is being held which is unfit for purpose.
In a statement into his death, the Prisoner Ombudsman said : ” The prison service had not followed its own policies “
- Report criticises prison service (bbc.co.uk)
- Irish Political Prisoners And The Revolutionary Dynamic (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Loyalist’s Parole Bid Fails ! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Maghaberry to be split into three mini prisons (newsletter.co.uk)
- Probe After Warder and Republican Inmate Hurt in Maghaberry Clash ! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Serious sex offenders neglected by prison service, report finds (guardian.co.uk)