Óglach Pearse Jordan.
On November 25th 1992, an undercover RUC squad rammed Pearse Jordan’s car. Having emerged from the car and staggered across the road, Pearse, who according to the civilian witnesses, was unarmed and made no threatening actions, was shot three times in the back at close range. No warnings were issued. The four independent civilian witnesses have also testified that, whilst Pearse lay dying on Belfast’s Falls Road, he was verbally abused, searched, kicked and had his face pushed into the ground.
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : Irish Republican History & Remembrance.
- Hung jury in Jordan case raises new questions about juries in Troubles killing inquests (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- IRA inquest jury fails to agree (bbc.co.uk)
- Army got IRA man’s identity wrong (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- I didn’t hear warning shouted at IRA man before he was shot (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Pádraig Mac Piarais – The New Study In Review (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Amnesty calls for investigation into waterboarding claims (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)