Libertad para Gerry
Gerry McGeough was charged and convicted in an British Diplock court of having allegedly shot and wounded a UDR soldier in 1981. That same year on July 9th 1981, Nora McCabe was murdered after being hit by a plastic bullet fired by the RUC. When Nora’s family applied for charges to be brought against the RUC officers involved in her murder and who then committed perjury in the follow-up investigation, Crown Judge Coghli denied d the application stating that too much time had passed and any charges preferred after so many years would be an abuse of process and dismissed. However, when Gerry McGeough’s case was brought before Crown Judge Coghlin, he began by first excluding from court representatives from the British-Irish Rights Watch and the Committee for the Administration of Justice and then proceeded to apply a different set of rules to the case of Gerry McGeough.
Have the DUP ever questioned this decision or called for those RUC officers to be prosecuted? The DUP should consider raising a motion on these issues and then lead the call for justice and equality by insisting that members of the UDR, RUC and British Army are immediately investigated and prosecuted and when found guilty of ‘historic’ offences perpetrated prior to the signing of the Good Friday Agreement in 1998, they should serve their sentences with the possibility of applying for early release after two years under the terms of the Good Friday Agreement.
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : Damian Herron
- Public Meeting to Promote Justice Campaign (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Council Calls for Release of Member’s Would-be Killer ! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- $hame £ein to Attend Prisoner Debate in Westminster (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Ten cuidado Aleida, l’encant d’Adams. Recordi nostra Gerry McGeough. Adams s’oblidi d’esmentar el nom de Gerry, però mai oblidar (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- The DUP Still Express Revulsion Towards The Men And Women Of 1916. A Timescale Comparison Of Gerry McGeough’s Imprisonment (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- JUSTICE FOR GERRY McGEOUGH (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- A Deafening Silence Fell Over The Injustice and Selective Persecution Inflicted Upon Gerry McGeough And His Family (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)