TOUGH new legislation to crack down on recruiting agents for terrorist gangs has been approved by the Government.
And they will provide additional weapons to the garda armoury when trying to bring criminal charges against suspected terrorists.
? Recruiting or attempting to recruit another person to engage in terrorist activity or a terrorist-linked offence.
? Providing instruction in the manufacture or use of firearms or explosives, or biological, chemical or nuclear weapons, for the purpose of committing a terrorist offence.
? Distributing or making messages available to the public, which encourage the carrying out of a terrorist connected crime.
All three offences carry a maximum penalty of 10 years in jail.
- Murdered ex-garda had links to underworld (independent.ie)
- Terrorist organization recruiting people at mosques busted in Moscow (indrus.in)
- United Nation Issues Warning: The Internet Is Used for Terrorist Purposes (news.softpedia.com)
- FBI adds ‘preppers’ to potential terrorists list (examiner.com)
- Senior gardai ‘leaked information to the IRA’ (independent.ie)
- Smithwick Tribunal: ‘Garda pass info to IRA’ (newsletter.co.uk)