Against the backdrop of a peace process and a time for moving on, the votes were still being counted when the first they came for was Gerry McGeough. Within a matter of weeks, Adams and Paisley met for the first time and it was not too long before Martin entertained the House of Windsor to the delight of his team-mate Peter.
In their attempts to portray to the world a time of peace, a deafening silence fell over the injustice and selective persecution inflicted upon Gerry and his family. It was more desirable to narrate a tale of goodwill than one of malice and more pleasing to conceal the reality of the Unionist control at Stormont beneath a veil of deception and political myths.
The result of their obedient and submissive collaboration with the Dissident Unionist Party and the British Government left us with a sense of abandonment and frustration as the British regenerated their policies of tyranny and vindictiveness in conjunction with a strategy of administrative detention as they attempt to inhibit political dissent. Brutality continues within the sectarian regime at Maghaberry in their efforts to criminalise Irish Republicans. Their response to these abuses has been one of political feebleness.
It appears the leadership of Sinn Féin have become disorientated as they persist in “portraying to the world a peace process that is moving forward” while millions are being spent annually to satisfy the bigoted cravings of triumphalist loyal orders. Money is wasted with the incarceration of Gerry McGeough on alleged historic offences dating back thirty seven years at the end of which nothing will have been achieved. The expenditure associated with allowing the dirty protest in Maghaberry to continue rather than implement the 2010 agreement increases daily.
In contrast, the Dissident Unionist Party command that Assembly business be brought to a standstill because they are annoyed at the £4,360 cost of a Department of Education advert broadcast in Irish. Power sharing as equal partners?
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : by Damian Herron
- JUSTICE FOR GERRY McGEOUGH (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Ten cuidado Aleida, l’encant d’Adams. Recordi nostra Gerry McGeough. Adams s’oblidi d’esmentar el nom de Gerry, però mai oblidar (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- This present situation on Gerry Mc Geough,s rapid deterioration in health terms are of alarming proportions (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Gerry McGeough and his family would like to thank Independent Republican Councillor Angela Nelson who visited Gerry in Maghaberry prison today. (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- FREE GERRY McGEOUGH CAMPAIGN (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- By recent events here there seems to be an acceptance or some underhanded going on !!! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)