Police there say they know the founder of the site which has over 1,000 followers.
They have also given advice and guidance onwhat is and what is not appropriate to be posted publicly.
In a statement the force says officers in theLimavady area are monitoring the page to ensure it does not breach any legislation.
It also says that the vast majority of the content is already in the public domain because of news reporting.
The statement concludes to say that “public protection is our priority and everything we do is to protect the public”.
- Facebook page claims to name Derry paedophiles (newstalk.ie)
- Facebook vigilantes name alleged pedophiles in Northern Ireland (rawstory.com)
- Police Advised Asda Not to Move Killer’s Tributes ! Why ??? (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Facebook troll pretends to children to paedophiles (thesun.co.uk)
- Sick Facebook troll pretends to sell mum’s children to paedophiles (amyloutarry.wordpress.com)