Aiden McCrory is also accused of hurling masonry, bricks and bottles as violence flared in the Ardoyne area. The 24-year-old, of Eglantine Avenue in South Belfast, faces charges of rioting, two counts of assault on police, and resisting arrest. During an application for bail yesterday Mr Justice McCloskey was told 20 officers were injured in disorder surrounding a contentious Orange Order parade and residents ‘ demonstration. Mr McCrory was seen throwing objects amid the disturbances, the court was told. Prosecutor Kate McKay said : ” He also threw himself at police lines holding a tricolour flag.” Ms McKay said Mr McCrory was arrested at the scene and that his detention was captured on television footage. His bail application was adjourned after the court was told that he is due to be taken from custody today for further questioning. The judge said all issues should be resolved before the hearing resumes. ” I’m not going to proceed on the basis of a manifestly incomplete matrix,” he said.
WITH MANY THANKS TO : IRISH NEWS.
- Loyalists in Crisis Talks on Twelfth March Curb !!! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Nationalist Marshal Threw Missile at Police Court Told !m (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Paterson Considers Revoking Licence (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Man hurt in mountain flag clash (bbc.co.uk)
- “The flying of a Tricolour inside church walls is not something I approve of…” (sluggerotoole.com)
- Winky Cock-up Could Block Ardoyne (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)