Her family has expressed “deep concern” about her deteriorating mental and physical health.
In June Price, who is suffering from severe depression after a year in solitary confinement, was moved from Hydebank prison to Belfast City Hospital’s Windsor House unit, which treats patients with psychiatric issues.
But her health has continued to fail. On Tuesday she was diagnosed with pneumonia and moved to the main hospital.
Her husband, Jerry McGlinchey, told the Belfast Telegraph: “We’re extremely worried. Marian has been in constant pain for months.
“Nobody has to agree with my wife’s politics to see this is wrong and violates her human rights.”
Price (58) was last year charged with encouraging support for a paramilitary organisation.
Despite being granted bail, her licence was revoked by Secretary of State Owen Paterson and she has been in prison since.
Mr McGlinchey added: “I’ve nothing to say to Owen Paterson, but I appeal to (Justice Minister) David Ford to show compassion and release my wife.”
WITH MANY THANKS TO : Suzanne Breen, Belfast Telegraph
- Marian Price should be released now: MLAs (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Owen Patterson is Playing with Marian Price’s life: ILDC (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Old Bailey bomber Marian Price ‘moved to hospital’ (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- The Silence of Amnesty’s branches on BOTH SIDES of the Partitioned IslandS of Ireland regarding the treatment of Marian Price and Irish Republican ‘FORGOTTEN POWs’ (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Fears grow for bomber Marian Price after she’s hospitalised with pneumonia (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)