Thomas McWilliams, of Northwick Drive in Belfast, is also accused of possessing an assault rifle.
Belfast Magistrates Court heard allegations he had driven a car containing the weapon away from the scene in Ardoyne.
He was remanded in custody for four weeks.
Up to 10 shots were fired from the nationalist side in the Brompton Park area.
Questioned by a solicitor, a police officer said the car had been recovered last Friday and there was no forensic evidence to connect the accused to the charges “at this stage”.
The officer also confirmed police did not suspect Mr McWilliams of firing the shots.
Supporters clapped and cheered from the public gallery as he gave a clenched fist salute while being led from the dock.
WITH THANKS TO : BBC NEWS NI
- Nationalist Youth Stripped and Beaten by Ruc/psni During Ardoyne Residents Protests ! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- ” G.a.r.c. ” Greater Ardoyne Residents Collective Statement ! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- End Political Policing ! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Loyalists in Crisis Talks on Twelfth March Curb !!! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Winky Cock-up Could Block Ardoyne (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)