Or see you play football for the green, white and gold,
It pains my heart so dearly, but my days; they are but few,
However, when I close my eyes, I will always think of you.Goodbye to my daughter, Bernadette, the angel of my heart
I am sorry that I can no longer; take you for walks in the park,
Remember, that your daddy’s love will never, ever fade,
As I will stand by your side, through your lonely days.
Goodbye to my wife, Goretti, I will miss the beauty of your eyes
That captured my heart and soul under Belfast’ troubled sky,
My love for you, an eternal flame, please treasure and please keep,
For I will visit you every single night, while you soundly sleep.
Goodbye to dear old Ireland, your freedom I will never taste
As my deathbed has been made by the hands of the Brits,
To the young men of Óglaigh na hÉireann, who follow in my path
May you carry the soul and spirit of each fallen Irish comrade.
- Statement from the Continuity IRA POWs, Maghaberry jail, Co Antrim, Easter 2012 (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Labhras de Faoite Commemoration (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Grandson of Dublin city councillor Christy Burke charged with membership of IRA (independent.ie)
- We threw grenade at police, claim dissidents (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Politicians and Irish republicanism (fromthepigpen.wordpress.com)