Martin Hurson – H-Block Martyr
I walk with Connolly & MacDonagh
While larks fly freely, nestle in trees,
Ireland’s sky is free of cloud,
Oh, fallen comrades, let your souls awake now.
Freedom is still a blooded stain
As the shackles haven’t broke from Britain’s chains,
But my fight continues for dear old Ireland,
For I am the resurrection, the soul of Martin Hurson.
~ Daniel McDonagh~
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : James Connolly.
- Learning from the Irish Hunger Strikes of 1981 and the Palestinian Challenge (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- On the 21st May, 1981, Patsy O’Hara (Peatsaí Ó hEadhra) died on the 61st day of his Hunger Strike. R.I.P. (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Learning from the Irish Hunger Strikes of 1981 and the Palestinian Challenge (richardfalk.wordpress.com)
- 1916 Memorial Card (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Laurence O’Neills Graveside Oration for Oglách Brian McFadden 06/06/2012 (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)