After 5 long years of campaigning on behalf of the McGeough family, it gives me great pleasure to see that this campaign has been successful in finally getting elected representatives, north and south, to join and support our campaign and to also work together on a cross party basis to ensure all human and civil rights abuses, especially those concerning Gerry McGeough and Marian Price, are finally addressed. Mr. Eamon O’Cuiv, TD of Fianna Fail, was the first to visit Gerry McGeough in prison and to support our campaign – later becoming our International Chairman – immediately followed by the SDLP and of course Mr Pat Ramsey ‘s relentless work on behalf of Gerry McGeough and Marian Price.
Our campaign is optimistic, and we ask that those elected representatives, who may still be sitting on the fence, to please get involved and be more vocal on these human and civil rights abuses, especially with regard to Gerry and Marian. We ask the media to bring more attention to the plight of both Gerry McGeough and Marian Price on a more consistent basis and to make their readers aware of any issues involving human and civil rights abuses in the north of Ireland.
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : by Helen McClafferty
We still have our work cut out for us, and while this campaign acknowledges the support of those elected officials, who are speaking out on Gerry and Marian’s behalf, we need to ensure that our commitment to Gerry and Marian’s immediate release, and the end to all human and civil rights abuses, is continued to be followed up with action.
In warm appreciation,
Chairperson – USA
Free Gerry McGeough Campaign
- Free Gerry McGeough Campaign Press Conference in Dublin: 13th June 2012. (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- FREE Marian Price NOW ! (fiannaiochta.wordpress.com)
- Letter To The Lord Speaker Baroness D’Souza Re: Lord Morrow (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Gerry McGeough Finally Received His Heart Medication Today. Final Update. (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Now is the Time to Take a Stand Against the Anti Good Friday Agreement Unionists (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)