They ram the shield into my face, 2 of them grab my arms , another grabs my head, I’m forced to the ground – Arms forced up my back, 2 knees forced into my head to hold it down , 2 knees in the back of my legs… Then another one of them starts to force off my shoes, socks and trousers off. I’m then moved into a forced position so that my boxers are ripped down and my frontal private parts can be seen by them. I’m then forced back into a position where my boxers are completely forced off me.
At this stage, it’s hard to breathe with their gloves covering my face and mouth. I’m still being held by four of them on the floor, my private parts exposed… Naked! Lying there!
They then grab my boxers and jeans and force them up, hurting me .. leaving my private parts still exposed – They then move me into another awkward position to take my t shirt off… I think my arms are about to break in two ! It’s agony at this stage.. My wrists are just numb… Being twisted the whole time this is going on.. My shirt is now off.. I’m lying now with both my arms are forced up my back towards the roof while the riot squad run out of the cell.. My arms just drop to the floor.. I try my best to get onto my feet using my elbows , trousers hanging off me, boxers still below my private parts.. I’m aching all over !
I try to get dressed as the riot squad stand smirking at me. I just stare back at them. I think of the other things they have done to me in the past.. Forced strips, cut my clothes off, broke my nose, stood on me, forced me into squat positions, forced my mouth open by trying to break my wrist… I could go on! Excerpt from the forced strip search by “DD” McLaughlin
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : Derry Sceal
- There is no excuse for the continued degrading strip searching being carried out in magHaberry jail (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Search Operation in Maghaberry: Bed and Blankets Covered in Excrement and Wet with Urine. (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Statement from Cógus POWs, Maghaberry Prison 25/05/2012 (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Statement from the Family & Friends of Republican prisoners, Maghaberry. 19th May 2012 (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Go Bua, Blessed Are Those Who Hunger For Justice ! Remember The Men in Maghaberry ! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)